用作介词(连词)的分词
1. considering “就……而论、照……来看;考虑到”,既可用作介词,又可用作连词。例:
I hear he is more than 70, but he is still very strong, considering his age.
听说他已经 70 多岁了,但从他的年纪来看,他仍然很结实。
Considering ( that ) he did not study hard, he did well on the test.
考虑到他没有用功,他考得还不错。
另: considering 还可用作副词,通常置于句尾,意为“从各方面看”。例:
She seems ( to be ) very bright, considering.
从各方面看,她似乎很聪明。
2. providing / provided “倘若……;在……的条件下”,用作连词,引导条件状语从句,但从句不用虚拟语气。例:
We'll visit Europe next year, provided / providing ( that ) we have the money.
如果我们有这笔钱,我们明年将去欧洲游览。
I shall go provided / providing ( that ) it does not rain.
倘若天不下雨,我就去。
3. supposing / suppose “假如、假定”用作连词,引导条件状语从句,从句可用陈述语气,也可用虚拟语气。例:
Supposing / Suppose ( that ) the weather were bad, where would you go?
假如天气不好,你去什么地方?
Supposing / Suppose ( that ) she doesn't come, what should we do?
假如她不来我们该怎么办?
supposing 可用在一个简单句中,相当于 What would / will happen if … / What does it matter if …例:
Supposing I don't see her. ( = What will happen if I don't see her? )
假如我见不到她,那该怎么办?
suppose 意为“假定;万一;倘若;不妨;何不”。例:
( Let us ) Suppose ( that ) his statement is right.
假定他的陈述是正确的。
4. according to /by “根据…… / 按照……”,用作连词。例:
According to my watch, it's 4 o'clock.
按照我表上的时间,现在是 4 点钟。
You may go or stay, according as you decide.
去还是留,由你来决定。
You may / will be praised or blamed according as your work is good or bad.
根据工作好坏你将会受到奖惩。
according to 与 according by 的区别在于:
( 1 ) according by 不可与表示人的名词或代词连用; according to 可与表示人的名词或代词连用。
( 2 ) according to 只能表示来自他处的信息,而不能表示来自说话者本身的信息。
例:
According to (不能用 by ) my clock, it is 12 o'clock.
根据我表上的时间,现在是 12 点。
According to (不能用 by ) her (不能用 me ), the war broke out in 1923.
根据她所说的,那场战争在 1923 年爆发。
5. compared with / to “将……与……比较”,用作介词。例:
Compared with / to her mother, she is tall.
和她母亲比起来,她算很高了。
6. including “包含”,用作介词。例:
I have to prepare food for seven people, including me.
我必须准备包括自己在内 7 个人的食物。
7. owing to “由于……因为……”,用作介词。 seeing ( that )“由于……;既然……;因为……”,用作连词。例:
Owing to unfavourable weather, I was unable to carry on with it.
由于天气不好,我不能把它进行下去。
Seeting ( that ) he is ill, he's unlikely to come.
由于生病的缘故,他可能不来了。
8. judging from / by ( =to judge by )“由……来判断”,用作介词。例:
Judging from / by what he said, he must be an honest man.
由他所说的来判断,他一定是个诚实的人。
Judging from / by his accent, he must be from Guangdong province.
从他的口音来判断,他一定来自广东。
9. regarding ( =as regards, in regard to, with regard to ) / respecting ( =as respects, in respect to, with respect to ) / concerning ( =as concerns ) / relating to 均用作介词,意为“关于,就……而言”,相当于 about, 但比 about 正式。例:
Regarding this point, he is correct.
关于这一点,他是对的。
Respecting your salary, we shall come to a decision later.
关于你的工资,我们将在以后做出决定。
Concerning your letter, I am pleased to inform you that your plans are quite acceptable.
关于来信,我很高兴地通知你,我们觉得你的计划是可接受的。
10. given “如果有……,假定……,考虑到……”,既可用作介词,也可用作连词。例:
Given that they are inexperienced, they have done a good job.
考虑到他们经验不足,他们的工作做得还不错。
Given his support, I think we'll win the election.
若能获得他的支持,我想我们会赢得这次选举。
11. granted / granting 用作连词,意为“就算……,假定……,纵使……,姑且承认”例 Granted / Granting you are right, I won't do it.
就算你说的是正确的,我也不打算做那事。
12. assuming / say (用于句首,与 Let's 连用)意为“假定……假使”例:
Assuming / Say ( Let's say ) that war breaks out, what do you do?
《高中英语语法-用作介词(连词)的分词》由英语编辑整理,更多请访问:https://m.liuxue86.com/english/