高考英语语法:高中英语语法-条件状语面面观(二)

2011-11-03 01:58:36 从句条件祈使句
《高中英语语法-条件状语面面观(二)》由留学liuxue86.com编辑整理。本内容整理时间为05月12日,如有任何问题请联系我们。

条件状语面面观(二)

4. 用独立结构作状语,表示“可能实现的条件”。这种结构多用于书面语。例如:

My health permitting, I won’t retire.

如果我身体允许,我不会退休。

Weather permitting, we will start at six tomorrow morning.

如果天气允许,我们明天早晨 6 点出发。

All being well, we hope to be back within a week.

如果一切顺利,我们预期一周内返回。

Everything taken into consideration, his work is well done.

如果把各方面的情况都考虑进去,他的工作干得很出色。

All things considered, her proposal is of greater value than yours.

如果考虑到各个方面的情况,她的建议比你的建议更有价值。

5. 在“祈使句+ and/or +分句”结构中,祈使句含条件意义, and 或 or 后面的分句含结果意义。例如:

Give me some tools, and I’ll fix it for you right away.

要是给我一些工具的话,我马上替你修好。

Read it through, and you will know everything.

如果你看一遍,你就什么都知道了。

Come early, and you will see the actress.

早点来,你就会见到那个女演员。

Be careful, or you’ll slip and fall.

要小心,不然你会滑倒的。

Hurry up, or else you won’t catch the train.

快一点,要不然你就赶不上那趟火车了。

Hand in your application now, otherwise you will miss the chance.

现在把你的申请书交上来,否则你就失去这个机会了。

Stand still, or I’ll shoot. 站住,不然我要开枪了。

有时 and 前面不是一个祈使句,而是一个名词短语(相当于一个条件分句)。这样的句子,结构简洁,条件意义很突出。例如:

A word from you ( = If you say a word), and he’ll change his mind.

只要你说一句话,他就会改变主意。

A step forward, and you’ll be dead.

再往前走一步,你就没命了。

Another sound from me, and the snake might strike.

要是我再弄出一点儿响声,蛇就可能咬我。

6. 某些定语从句有时暗含条件意义,特别是当先行词是 anyone ,“ a +名词”或“ any +名词”时。例如:

Anyone who refused to bow was thrown into prison. (= If anyone refused to bow, he was …)

谁拒绝鞠躬,都会被投进监狱。

Any graduate who has mastered a foreign language can find a better job here. ( = If any graduate has mastered a foreign language, he can … )

只要掌握了一门外语,所有的毕业生在这儿都能找到一份较好的工作干。

A textbook that is of great help to students is sure to be well received. (= If a textbook is of great help to students, it is sure to …)

一本教科书只要对学生大有帮助,它肯定会大受欢迎。

He who does not reach the Great Wall is not a true man. (= If a person does not reach the Great Wall, he is not a …)

不到长城非好汉。

7. when 引导的状语从句,有时也隐含条件意义。例如:

When there is no gravity, our feet no longer stay on the ground.

如果没有地球引力,我们的脚就不能够在地面上站稳。

When you go to work, take a taxi, or share a ride, or walk.

如果你去上班,你就乘出租汽车去,或者与人合乘汽车去,或者步行去。

What will he do when he finds the doors locked.

如果他发现门锁着,他该怎么办呢?

Turn off the switch when anything goes wrong with the machine.

如果机器发生故障,就把电源切断。

有时在 when 从句前加上副词 only 用以强调这种条件。但 only when 从句位于句首时,主句中的主语和谓语要倒装。例如:

Production can be increased greatly only when science and technology are developed.

只有科学和技术得到发展,生产才能大幅度增长。

Only when I explained did he realize the reason for this.

只有在我解释以后,他才明白了事情的原因。

8. 用 where 引导的状语从句,尤其在“ where … there …”这种结构中,也隐含条件意义。例如:

Where there is life, there is hope.

哪里有生命,哪里就有希望。

Where there is oppression, there is resistance.

哪里有压迫,哪里就有反抗。

Where there is a river, there is a city.

哪里有河流,哪里就有城市。

安徽·许文龙

[1][2]

《高中英语语法-条件状语面面观(二)》由留学liuxue86.com编辑整理
分享

热门关注

热门问答